[Discuss-gnuradio] New to list, trying portaudio under OpenBSD

From: Alan Corey
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] New to list, trying portaudio under OpenBSD
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 01:54:21 -0500

I'm working on installing gnuradio under OpenBSD, just got GRC
working.  I have no audio, since gnuradio doesn't handle OpenBSD's
native "audio" and it also doesn't recognize my existing portaudio
which works with Audacity.

I can set it up in my cmake cache but it still doesn't find it.  I'm
running the standard OpenBSD port portaudio-svn-1406p1 built from
sources.  I've had a little experience writing things in C that work
with native audio but I don't know much about portaudio except it's
working for other things like Fldigi.

I see NetBSD has gnuradio-audio-portaudio which may be different than
their normal portaudio but I don't find source for it, only binaries.
OpenBSD audio is very similar to NetBSD's having borrowed a lot
including audio manpages.

I'll have other questions, right now I've also got no working gui.
But I've only had my dongle since Monday.  It's an RTL2832 with a
R820T tuner.  I'm trying to get some software for it working, I try
Gnuradio, osmocom, sdr#, hdsdr in round robin fashion working on one
until I hit a stopping point then on to another.  Osmocom's rtl_fm is
the only thing even partly working so far.  I get little bursts of
audio about 1 per minute.

  Alan, ab1jx

--
Credit is the root of all evil.  - AB1JX