[Discuss-gnuradio] Constructing a signal processing block

From: virgil passas
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Constructing a signal processing block
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 10:23:32 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all,

I want to create a signal processing block that it will have variable number of inputs/outputs AND variable type of inputs/outputs depending the needs of the user. (Example1: 3 inputs/ports [complex,double,int] and the same outputs/ports. Example2: 4 inputs/ports [double,double,short,complex]  and the same outputs/ports.) My problems are:
  1. How to create an instance of this block with the appropriate size (gr.sizeof_double + gr.sizeof_complex is ok?)
  2. In function work() how to define the different type of inputs (every time that the block is called the type of inputs will be different) before passing them to the function that I want.
  3. How to connect in python two or more blocks to a third block.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,
Virgilios Passas