Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SRRC pulse shaping question

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] SRRC pulse shaping question
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 00:07:02 -0500

Have you taken into account the group delay of the filter?  How long is your filter?  Try sending zeroes at the end to flush your filter state?

Brian

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 11:35 PM, George Sklivanitis <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello all,

I have a question applying to everybody that have tried transmitting symbols in different kinds of modulation (BPSK, QPSK, GMSK etc).
I am using the following configuration in GNU Radio ( random source block -> bytes to symbols -> SRRC block -> file sink)

The attached figure plots the generated symbols (+1,-1)  with red color along with the upsampled SRRC waveform (blue)
For some reason that I am not able to understand the last 8-bits do not have a correspondence with the waveform created. In other words
the waveform is "cut" at the last byte.
Can anyone help me with the above.

Thanks,
-George