Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] control of noutput_items by the user

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] control of noutput_items by the user
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 17:24:45 -0800

On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 3:51 PM, Zing Yu <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi All,

As usual, I have a simple question for you guys. I have a custom block for which I specify set_output_multiple(N) in the constructor. Then, for each call to its work(), I print the parameter noutput_items. As expected, noutput_items = N most of the times, but occasionally it comes out as 2N. My concern is that I always want noutput_items = N. I know noutput_items are assigned by the scheduler and I have a some control over it by means of set_output_multiple but I want to have more/full control on it. Is that possible? Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Yu.

Yu,

You don't always have to consume everything that's handed to you. So if you get kN items, just process N of them, return N, then the scheduler will pass you the next N items in the buffer next time.

Tom