[Discuss-gnuradio] How to switch off the Automatic Digital-Gain-Control?

From: Andis Dembovskis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to switch off the Automatic Digital-Gain-Control?
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 12:48:16 +0100

Hello, dear Developer-Team,
I recently came across to situation, when I have to model 2 overlapping signals within the same frequency but different power levels. I wanted to use variable IQ-envelope size for that - one signal with level of 0.2 and another with 0.6. The max sum of 0.8 would be still fitting the allowed DAC amplitude of my USRP_N210.
BUT there seems to be some Automatic Gain Control for the digital signal. Independent if I set amplitude of my digital signal to 0.2 or 0.6, the measured output in DB is the same.
How is it possible to switch that function off?
With the "self.uhd_usrp_sink_0.set_gain(5, 0)" I can do only the analog output gain control.

Hope somebody have the solution,
With best regards,
Andis