Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] issue with GRC on ubuntu 12.10 - Segmentation Fau

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] issue with GRC on ubuntu 12.10 - Segmentation Fault when launching the tool
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 15:53:21 -0400

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 11:34 AM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

>> the python importing process (python -c "from lxml import etree") exits
>> without any error. I decided to switch to the 3.6.1 version from quantal
>> repos until the problem is solved. I tried to install different versions
>> of lxml from pipy but without any success.
>>

> It sounds like one of these "order of import" bugs. Very hard to track
> down and fix :-(
>
> -josh

My new machine has a brand new install of 12.10 and I'm seeing the
same issues. It looks like it's happening on this line in
gnuradio-companion:

from gnuradio.grc.python.Platform import Platform

What's odd is that I can run 'ipython <pathto>/gnuradio-companion' and
it runs just fine. If I use python instead of ipython, I get the
segfault.

Tom