[Discuss-gnuradio] Control the file size from the file sink output

From: LD Zhang
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Control the file size from the file sink output
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 13:30:14 -0700

Dear GRC'ers

I am just starting to play with GRC. One thing I am playing with is the file sink. It appears there is no way to control the file size from its output. This can be dangerous but the continuous sampling at high rate can quickly fill up the disk and cause possible disasters.
I am surprised to find that there is no hook in the file sink block for file/sample size limitation. I would like to see what the community suggests for dealing with this problem. Another way might be to turn on the running of the project code for a certain number of seconds and shuts off. Maybe there is a block that can do that. I have not been able to find one yet.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks,

LD Zhang