Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to compile gnuradio under MSVC - missing s

From: Pol Henarejos
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to compile gnuradio under MSVC - missing stdbool.h
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 10:24:14 +0200

Dear Josh,

I updated my cmake to latest 2.8.9 (I had 2.8.4 one). I have had to
remove the macro #if !COMPILER(MSVC) #error ... of stdbool.h this #error
was being thrown every time. I do not know why this macro is false, but
now volk compiles.

However, it seems the other projects do not find stdbool.h. Looking in
include_dirs volk/cmake/msvc is not included. So, I have copied
volk/cmake/msvc/stdbool.h to cmake/msvc and everything works ok.

I recall I use cmake 2.8.9, MSVC 2012, Windows 7 x64.

Nevertheless I have few more errors:

- I do not have gsl and gnuradio-wavelet fails on finding gsl/gsl_errno.h
- 'make' declarations in wavelet_ff.h, squash_Ff.h and wvps_ff.h cannot
be declared with dll interface (error C2487: member of dll interface
class may not be declared with dll interface)
- fcd_nfm_rx cannot find libboost_program_options-vc1000-mt-1_49.lib (of
course I have it). Libpath does not include boost path.
- gnuradio-filter displays undefined symbol gr_rotator::gr_rotator(void)
and other related methods (gr_rotator::rotate(), etc.)
- gnuradio-digital also displays undefined symbol
gri_lfsr::gri_lfsr(void) and other related methods (next_bit, etc.)

Other projects work very well.

Thanks.

--

Pol Henarejos
Research Engineer, MSc

Centre Tecnològic de Telecomunicacions de Catalunya (CTTC)
Engineering Unit
Parc Mediterrani de la Tecnologia
Av. Carl Friedrich Gauss, 7
08860 Castelldefels, Barcelona (Spain)
Tel: +34 93 396 71 70  Ext: 2177
Fax. +34 93 645 29 01
www.cttc.es

On 09/06/2012 12:18 AM, Pol Henarejos wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I gitted the last revision of gnuradio and I cannot compile it
> under MSVC 2010 since stdbool.h is missing and macro COMPILER(MSVC)
> is not defined. I use Windows 7 x64 and MSVC 2010.

Any idea why MSVC is not defined? Thats critically important

if(MSVC)
    #add compatibility includes for stdint types
    include_directories(${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR}/cmake/msvc)

I use MSVC 2010 and cmake 2.8. Setting MSVC seems to be the standard
thing to happen when you configure the project to use MSVC.

-josh