Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CMake/SWIG build problems

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CMake/SWIG build problems
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 10:46:19 -0700

> It compiles without any errors or warnings, but when I try to import my
> module, I get "undefined symbol" errors. I looked at the swig shared
> library file using "nm" and noticed that I have lots of undefined
> symbols in the part that contains my former drm_init module. The C++
> shared library seems fine, so I guess it's a SWIG problem.

You probably have some class or function thats defined in a header and
either missing from the library or not exported. SWIG basically uses all
of the functions/classes you feed it. So anything missing, so long as it
was defined in a header you fed to swig, is going to be heard about when
you import the module.

Are you compiling with -fvisibility=hidden? you need to declare any
public symbols to be default visibility
http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Visibility

Just a guess,
-josh