[Discuss-gnuradio] Creating signal processing blocks in Python on Window

From: Tomas Johansson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Creating signal processing blocks in Python on Windows
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 16:48:21 +0200

Hi all,

I have recently installed GNU Radio on Windows according to the
instructions at
http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki/GNURadio_Windows,
and have played around with some simple examples in GNU radio
companion. No problems there. But I am not sure which steps you should
take in order to be able to use blocks you have written yourself in
Python (using GrExtras) in radio companion. Modifying/adding xml files
in share/gnuradio/grc/blocks seemed to add my new block to the list of
available blocks, but when I try to execute I get the message

Win32; Microsoft Visual C++ version 10.0; Boost_104700; UHD_003.004.003-release

Using Volk machine: sse2

and nothing else happens. I have not been able to find an answer in
the online documentation. I apologize in advance for the basic
question.

Regards,
Tomas