Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] nonexisted peaks USRP N210 Connection

From: Ben Hilburn
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] nonexisted peaks USRP N210 Connection
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 11:49:30 -0700

Sema -

There will always be some DC feed-through in radio equipment, so depending on your application, it may be important that you tune the LO outside of your passband.  UHD provides the capability for advanced LO tuning, which attempts to do this all for you.  An example of this is shown below:

//advanced tuning with tune_request_t
uhd::tune_request_t tune_req(target_frequency, lo_offset);
usrp->set_rx_freq(tune_req);
You should request your frequency of interest in place of the 'target_frequency' field, and tell it how far away you want the LO to be in the 'lo_offset' field.  UHD will compensate for everything in the chain (LO offset, DSP frequency offset, etc.,), and will tune each component to the appropriate frequency.  Try using this to move the DC component out of your passband.

You can find full documentation on this here:
http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/doxygen/html/structuhd_1_1tune__request__t.html
http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/general.html#tuning-notes

Once you have tuned the LO away, play with your gain settings to improve your SNR.

Cheers,
Ben