Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Recording scarce AIS bursts

From: Christian Gagneraud
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Recording scarce AIS bursts
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 19:30:55 +0100

On 27/07/12 17:39, John Malsbury wrote:
You may not see optimal performance, but the standard or simple squelch
in GNU Radio may meet these basic needs.  I've used it for similar
functionality in other packet radio systems.  I'm not sure what the
"carrier on" time is before modulation starts, so I can't promise that
they will work w/ the higher datarate of AIS.

Hi Nick,

It seems to do the job, at least it work for the strong bursts. Now i think i just need to find the right gain settings to get the weaker ones pass through.

thanks,
Chris

Nick,

Any thoughts?