Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MTU Size

From: mleech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] MTU Size
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 13:11:11 -0400

On 23 Jul 2012 13:05, Josh Blum wrote:

On 07/23/2012 09:40 AM, Alexander Olihovik wrote:
More specifically, I've tried changing the device address with: device_addr="addr0=10.1.1.105, recv_frame_size=4096, send_frame_size=4096" but when running the program, both the recv_frame_size and send_frame_size are still 1472 bytes. I've also configured my network to be able to handle frames of size 4096, and have had this working with C++ code. However, the Python code doesn't work as I would expect. It seems not to make a difference whether I specify the frame size or not.
Its the same device args, so python/c++ it shouldnt make a difference.

The driver is however testing if it can handle that MTU by sending test
packets. Perhaps its still a network configuration issue?

Also, you should be able to

uhd_usrp_probe --args="addr0=10.1.1.105, recv_frame_size=4096,
send_frame_size=4096"

and still see the same issue.

-josh

Lots of network cards don't handle jumbograms, even if you configure them to do so.