Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Read/Write stream tags in Python

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Read/Write stream tags in Python
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 11:40:50 -0700

On 07/13/2012 10:08 AM, Anisha Gorur wrote:
> Thanks!
> Do you by any chance have links to specific code examples that could help
> out? I've been trying to look at old examples you have posted to others on
> this forum, however, some of the links from github seem to be broken.

Well, I dont have an example from python, but its just the same thing
without semicolons. So this should be very helpful:
http://gnuradio.org/cgit/gnuradio.git/tree/gr-uhd/examples/c++/

Let me know if the links are bad on one of my wiki pages.
At least I can fix those :-)

-josh

> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> On 07/13/2012 08:51 AM, Anisha Gorur wrote:
>>> Hello all,
>>> I've been trying to work with stream tags in python, mainly using the
>>> grextras blocks coding guide
>>> here:https://github.com/guruofquality/grextras/wiki/Blo...
>>> <
>> https://github.com/guruofquality/grextras/wiki/Blocks-Coding-Guide#wiki-the-work-function
>>> .
>>>
>>> I've set up a very simple flow graph, just a vector source, throttle and
>>> file sink, and I would like to place a tag on the first element of the
>>> vector that contains time metadata. I'm using this code:
>>>
>>> def work(self, input_items, output_items):
>>> item_index = ? #which output item gets the tag?
>>
>> set item_index to x so the tag gets associated with outputs_items[0][x]
>>
>>> offset = self.nitems_written(0) + item_index
>>> key = pmt.pmt_string_to_symbol("example_key")