Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting the XCVR2450 Bandwidth

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Setting the XCVR2450 Bandwidth
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:39:28 -0700

On 07/08/2012 04:28 AM, Michael Hill wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a two part question
>
> 1) What are the XCVR2450 bandwidth options?
> I've looked at the website and discussion list threads on the matter and
> seen different answers on what the the bandwidth options are for the
> XCVR2450 daughterboard.
> The spec sheets seem to indicate different answers too.. which muddle me
> further as I'm unsure if i'm reading them wrong.
> Can someone clarify for me what they are? Have there been two revisions of
> this hardware of something?

Maybe there is some confusion about specifying the bandwidth of a
baseband filter. See this for available rates.
20 MHz means +/- 10 MHz about the center of the baseband signal.
http://files.ettus.com/uhd_docs/manual/html/dboards.html#xcvr-2450

> 2) How do I se the bandwidth?
> I'm trying to use the Bandwidth block on the UHD_Sink.
> However I don't get any confirmation messages or indicators if i've set it
> wrong.. how can I check?

RX defaults to 19MHz and TX 24MHz. You really cant see the filter
profile unless sample rate > filter BW

-josh