Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd help

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd help
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 14:53:38 -0700

On 07/04/2012 11:38 AM, Samuel Ibarra wrote:
> Hello Josh,
>
> I have looked over the dboard iface file, but I am still a little confused.
> I am able to use swig to call the dboard_iface() within my python code,
> but I am not sure about what other functions I need in order to control
> those pins. I saw that within the dboard_xcvr2450.cpp file they call
> set_pin_ctrl, set_gpio_ddr, and set_atr_reg. Do I also need to call all
> three? I am also unsure about the inputs that go into these functions.
> Thank you for help and time.

Well, setting output and data direction is a lot like any GPIO.

Whats different here is ATR. When you set a pin to be under ATR control,
the pin can be transitioned when the FPGA changes state (rxing, idle,
txing, full duplex). Setting ATR state tells the pins what the output
should be under each FPGA state. This makes switching automatic.

-josh