[Discuss-gnuradio] Header missing when compiling dial_tone.cc

From: Daniel Labarowski
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Header missing when compiling dial_tone.cc
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 16:14:37 -0400

Hello,
After a bit of a struggle, I finally managed to compile the dial_tone.cc example included with gnuradio. The issue I was having was that when running cmake and then make, make would return "fatal error: gr_top_block.h: No such file or directory". I found the header it was referring to in /usr/local/include/gnuradio/ and managed to get around the error by adding "include_directories(/usr/local/include/gnuradio)" to CMakeLists.txt. This works but it seems like there has to be a better way? Is there a PATH that I can add this to or something of that sort? CPPFLAGS seemed promising but adding "export CPPFLAGS=$CPPFLAGS:/usr/local/include/gnuradio/" to my bashrc does not seem to do anything. Also, I plan on writing some C++ flowgraphs in the near future and was wondering how to determine which directories to include in the CMakeLists.txt file? The dial tone example has ${GR_AUDIO_INCLUDE_DIRS} and ${GNURADIO_CORE_INCLUDE_DIRS}. Is there a list of such variables that correspond to certain header files, etc.? Thanks ahead of time!

-Dan