Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cannot Import GNURadio Error With Ettus deb Packa

From: Nicholas Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cannot Import GNURadio Error With Ettus deb Package and Ubuntu 12.04
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 07:51:30 -0700

The gnuradio.org page you linked to describes how to install GNU Radio from source, which, by default, installs to /usr/local. /opt is given as an example for another occasionally used install prefix.

Our installers install to /usr, so the relevant Python files would indeed be installed to /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages, as you observed.

Setting the PYTHONPATH to use /usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages will make it look for files that don't exist, thus the "No such file or directory" error.

Remove the /usr/local path from .bashrc, and the "No such file or directory" error should disappear. Assuming you don't have any local installs, GRC should then look at /usr/lib.