Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio transmission delay

From: Phelps Williams
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio transmission delay
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:30:00 -0700

I found that I can specify max_noutput_items when calling
top_block::start().  This however doesn't appear to do anything but
delay the onset of this large amount of latency as the various blocks
will still seem to request the maximum available.  Setting this to the
exact rate I expect the radio to consume results in a steady flow of
UHD buffer underruns but enough data gets through for me to confirm
the latency has disappeared.

My problem still remains however, I need to reduce the amount of
buffer each block is attempting to maintain.