[Discuss-gnuradio] question about print out of overrun and under run ind

From: Stephen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] question about print out of overrun and under run indication
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 22:27:47 -0500

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about the print out of the overrun and
underun indications.

Is it possible to turn off the output of those indications?

And second is gnuradio doing anything with stdout that would affect
redirecting stdout?

This is the text output I normally see in a shell window.
(I don't see the ----- lines that just to separate the text)

-- USRP-B100 clock control: 10
--   r_counter: 2
--   a_counter: 0
--   b_counter: 20
--   prescaler: 8
--   vco_divider: 5
--   chan_divider: 5
--   vco_rate: 1600.000000MHz
--   chan_rate: 320.000000MHz
--   out_rate: 64.000000MHz
--

UHD Warning:
    Unable to set the thread priority. Performance may be negatively

UHD Warning:
    The hardware does not support the requested RX sample rate:
    Target sample rate: 2.500000 MSps
    Actual sample rate: 2.461538 MSps
>>> gr_fir_ccc: using SSE
>>> gr_fir_fff: using SSE
Using Volk machine: sse4_1_64_orc

In my application I redirect stdout to a different buffer. Which works
at first. I get the following redirected to my buffer

----------------------------

-- USRP-B100 clock control: 10
--   r_counter: 2
--   a_counter: 0
--   b_counter: 20
--   prescaler: 8
--   vco_divider: 5
--   chan_divider: 5
--   vco_rate: 1600.000000MHz
--   chan_rate: 320.000000MHz
--   out_rate: 64.000000MHz
--

after that nothing is redirected and everything goes back to being
output in the shell window. I'm not an expert on redirecting stdout but
is there anything in gnuradio that would make that stop working?

stephen