Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] I thought we had squashed this one

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] I thought we had squashed this one
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 22:54:30 -0400

On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 10:34 PM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:

>> Ok, I'm not entirely sure why I asked that since I don't know enough
>> about FFTW by it's version to make any judgement off it. And 3.2.2
>> isn't that old.
>>
>> We'd really have to dig deeper. See what the addresses of a, b, and c
>> in gri_fft_filter_ccc_generic::filter actually are to see which one is
>> returning something unaligned.
>>
>> Tom
>>

> Turns out that neither 'a' nor 'c' are 16-byte aligned, and they both
> come from FFTWs allocator.
>
> Weird.
>
> And the same thing applies to the _fff variant as well.

Arg... ok, so that means that FFTW isn't trying to use any
vectorization on your machine. I wonder if it's something done at
compile time or if that version just isn't handling your Centrino
properly.

I have the very smallest start of an idea for how to handle this, but
it's late here and I've been working all day, so any idea sounds like
a good idea right now. Let me see what I can come up with tomorrow.

Tom