[Discuss-gnuradio] GRC Message Source/Sink and Packet Source

From: Marius
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC Message Source/Sink and Packet Source
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 12:17:27 +0200

Hi!

I'm trying to integrate an existing Packet Source into GRC. I have
some trouble understanding how this is supposed to work:

In order to send a packet I need to use the gr_message_queue. How do I
call a function to add a message to a queue from GRC?

My Packet Source is supposed to define a message. A Message Sink takes
one input. I connect that input with a Message Source. I understand
that in this case the Sink accepts data.
A packet is a byte data structure. So I want to send bytes to Message
Sink. How can I return a byte structure into the message sink now? Is
there any code that does that with GRC block? I know that
transmit_path.py or benchmark_tx.py do that, but they are not
separated. Therefore it's by far simpler here.

Best,
Marius