[Discuss-gnuradio] Real-time fading simulation?

From: J Mc
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Real-time fading simulation?
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 01:47:59 +0000

I have been considering using GnuRadio with the USRPN210 as a realtime fading simulator for radio hardware testing, however any approaches I've considered in doing this seem to fall down fundamentally if I limit to using a single USRP. I'm still relatively sure it could be done, was wondering if anyone had any advice/input.

The main issue I've had is trying to understand how to do this with single antennas systems, if I take something like 2 cheap WiFi nodes both attached to a common Tx and Rx port is there any way to prevent the transmitting node's signal feedback when it hits the receiving node's antenna. If anyone has looked at this question, opinions would be appreciated...