Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] what is the largest data transfer ra

From: Philip Balister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] [USRP-users] what is the largest data transfer rate between fpga and overo in e100
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 18:24:01 -0400

On 05/25/2012 09:18 PM, Page Jack wrote:
> Hi Philip,
> How does the conclusion be made that ARM can not swallow the current
> max data transfer rate? I need to build a project that need to process
> 60MB/s data, so any way to achieve my goal. Use a more powerful CPU or
> use dsp on the omap?

60 MB/s is far more data than the OMAP3 can transfer from the FPGA. We
have worked hard on configuring the GPMC interface and this figure is
basically an order of magnitude more then the hardware will support.

You need to look at the N series with Gig-E, or do the high rate
processing in the FPGA.

Philip