[Discuss-gnuradio] Python manual

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Python manual
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 16:01:27 -0400

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to point out a new feature of GNU Radio. Thanks to Ben
Reynwar, we have a new Python manual. You can find the current version
for GNU Radio here:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/Old-sphinx

Like the Doxygen manual, this page will be updated with every release
to reflect the current API.

The new Python manual draws from the documentation of blocks that you
find in the Doxygen manual, so there is no duplication of content. It
then goes a step farther and actually pulls in any comments and markup
from the Python files. So if you are using Python, this version of the
manual will give you a lot more details for what's available in Python
than the Doxygen manual. For C++ users, you'll stick with Doxygen.

This opens up a new need for better documentation in the Python
blocks. While the Sphinx manual looks great and all of the C++
documentation comes through and is exposed in it, you'll notice a lot
of gaps from the Python side. I know Ben is actively working to fix
these holes, but I'm just pointing this out for anyone working on
blocks.

Thanks!
Tom