Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Block with two or more outputs, with different si

From: André Selva
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Block with two or more outputs, with different sizes
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 16:25:48 -0300

Josh,

The problem is that i don't know in advance the size of each stream. I'm kind of routing the input stream to the output streams, according to some information i read in each packet. So, I know a max value to the stream number of items, but cannot know certainly the output actual size.

Att,

2012/5/9 Josh Blum <address@hidden>

On 05/09/2012 12:06 PM, André Selva wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm creating a signal processing block in C++, and I want my block to
> separate the source information into two different outputs, according to a
> pattern. The problem is that the outputs have different sizes, and, as a I
> return noutput_items in the work method, the outputs are completed with
> zeros until they have all the same size. Is it possible to have different
> output sizes in the block?

ok yes, see io_signaturev and some of the convenience factory functions
here:
http://gnuradio.org/cgit/gnuradio.git/tree/gnuradio-core/src/lib/runtime/gr_io_signature.h

-josh