Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Uninstall GNU Radio 3.5.3 (installed with buildin

From: Ellen Apolinar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Uninstall GNU Radio 3.5.3 (installed with building-gnuradio script)
Date: Wed, 9 May 2012 12:44:22 +0200

Hey folks,

another problem which makes me lost:

I have read that usrp_fft.py has to work if I installed libusrp/GNU Radio3.3 correctly and the USRP1 is connected with the right clock and the computer.

But if I want to run usrp_fft.py I get:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/usrp_fft.py", line 23, in <module>
    from gnuradio import gr, gru
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/__init__.py", line 43, in <module>
    from gnuradio_core import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_core.py", line 23, in <module>
    from gnuradio_core_runtime import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_core_runtime.py", line 24, in <module>
    _gnuradio_core_runtime = swig_import_helper()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_core_runtime.py", line 20, in swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_gnuradio_core_runtime', fp, pathname, description)
ImportError: libgruel-3.5.3git.so.0.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

locate libgruel shows be:
/usr/lib/libgruel.la
/usr/lib/libgruel.so
/usr/lib/libgruel.so.0
/usr/lib/libgruel.so.0.0.0
/usr/share/doc/libgruel-dev
/usr/share/doc/libgruel0
/usr/share/doc/libgruel-dev/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libgruel-dev/copyright
/usr/share/doc/libgruel0/changelog.Debian.gz
/usr/share/doc/libgruel0/copyright
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgruel-dev.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgruel-dev.md5sums
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgruel0.list
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgruel0.md5sums
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgruel0.postinst
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgruel0.postrm
/var/lib/dpkg/info/libgruel0.shlibs

So there is already libgruel installed but perhaps usrp_fft.py is searching for the wrong version. Is it possible that I didn't delete all files from the first installation of GNU Radio (3.5.3) before I installed GNu Radio 3.3?

So this means I have to delete all GNU Radio files again and to a new installation?

I want to be sure if I have to do this before I delete all because perhaps there is another solution.

Unfortunatelly Google can't help me so I need some help from you again.

Regards
Ellen