Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Uninstall GNU Radio 3.5.3 (installed with buildin

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Uninstall GNU Radio 3.5.3 (installed with building-gnuradio script)
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 01:10:53 -0700

> 1) Unfortunatelly I installed a version which is too new for working with
> OpenBTS so I want to uninstall it.
>
> <make uninstall> didn't work so I think I have to remove it manually.
> (Locate gnuradio and them remove all files.)
>
> But i'm not sure if that is the right way so it would be great if you can
> say me if I'm right or not.

There is *no* need to install gnuradio for OpenBTS + USRP1. You just
need libusrp1

There was another thread on this. Unless I misunderstood, I think you
can install libusrp from apt-get. If that doesnt work, you can just
install libusrp from an older gnuradio without building and installing
the rest of gnuradio.

I think this is going to come up a lot. Someone should probably update
that wiki page for building openbts.

> 2) And another question: Last week I could start grc without errors, after
> I installed mISDNuser and LCR (for OpenBSC,
> I want to realize both projects) it doens't work anymore and I get
> following error:
>

> (grc:4471): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path:
>> "pixmap",
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "/usr/bin/grc", line 33, in <module>
>>     from gnuradio.grc import VERSION
>> ImportError: cannot import name VERSION

This is a sign of mismatch between grc in your bin path and the library
in your site-packages.

If you really need to manage multiple installs, you should put them in
different install paths and set environment variables accordingly.

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/gnuradio/wiki/FAQ#The-problem-of-multiple-installs

-Josh