Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmit and receive suing GMSK

From: wayne roberts
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Transmit and receive suing GMSK
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 08:48:29 -0700

You should use FFT sink with complex input, so its direct from uhd source with only throttle in between.

But the FFT you attached seems to indicate you have no signal into the receiver.
Make sure they're on the same RF frequency, and adjust gains appropriate for the path loss between transmitter and receiver.

I am sure the packet encoder/decoder has some overhead, because its adding preamble, access_code, and crc.
It means the thruput should be less than your actual over-the-air bitrate.
If you are sending audio, then you might be better served by one of the audio encoders, such as the stuff under Vocoders category.