[Discuss-gnuradio] MAC layer support

From: Josh Stevens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] MAC layer support
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:10:34 -0400

Hey All,

           I have explored the basic functions that benchmark_tx and rx provide with modulation support (generic_mod_demod) , packet construction and recovery but what im trying to develop is a MAC layer implementation over a single carrier with the help of a customized packet structure (The PHY and the MAC headers , payload and CRC being included in the packet structure) which follows the same modulation - demodulation path but the processing at the packet_sink is different.
I am running into problems like co-ordinated transmit-receive processing , large overhead management problems amongst a few others.

My question to you is ,
1) If this kind of an implementation has already been worked on I would be awfully obliged if somebody were to point me in that direction.

Thanks,
Josh.