[Discuss-gnuradio] GSoc: Filter Desgin Enhancements Intro

From: sreeraj r
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GSoc: Filter Desgin Enhancements Intro
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 22:16:19 +0800 (SGT)

Hi all,

I am Sreeraj and I am currently doing masters in Communication and Signal Processing at IIT Bombay, India. First of all thank you all for accepting my proposal for improving filter design components in GNU Radio. I have been using GNU Radio for quite a while and I am very happy to contribute to this project.

The proposed deliverables during GSoC period are given below
  1. QA tests for gr_remez and optfir module
  2. IIR filter design module and QA tests for this new module
  3. Improved GUI to incorporate newly designed module and additional features like pole-zero plots for IIR filters, filter time responses etc
More detailed plan and schedule can be found here https://github.com/zeroXzero/gsoc_proposals/blob/master/filter_enhancements.pdf.

I have created two repositories in github so that the community can track my work and comment on the added code which will really enhance my learning experience.

1. gnuradio-gsoc: git://github.com/zeroXzero/gnuradio-gsoc.git -- will contain newly added code and discussions during GSoC period.

2. gnuradio-rsreeraj: git://github.com/zeroXzero/gnuradio-rsreeraj.git -- Made by following 'DevelopingWithGit' tutorial

I will keep the community posted when some commentable milestones are achieved. Expecting good support from all of you.

---
Regards
Sreeraj Rajendran
http://home.iitb.ac.in/~rsreeraj