[Discuss-gnuradio] First try with RTL2832

From: Farhad Abdolian
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] First try with RTL2832
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 01:50:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi folks,
Yesterday after a long wait I received my DVB-T unit in the mail (it arrived on my birthday). After some initial work, I got it to work with GNU Radio and GRC and today I made my first working FM receiver using the same blocks as the video from Ettus Research (building GR FM Radio in 10 minutes).

The design is using the Linux driver and the GR blocks made by Balint Seeber (thanks a million mate).

I have attached the GRC with this e-mail, hope you find it useful. I am now going to work on the RTL2832 block to fine tune it (I have the complete datasheet) and add more feature to it.
The problem I have is that the signals are not very strong, no matter how much I change the gain, the signal level is pretty low and the received audio is pretty noisy. I have managed to sample at 2Msps without any problems but when I sample more than that on my laptop, I get a lot of overflow.

I keep you posted on my progress, this is really exciting :)

Best regards,
Farhad