[Discuss-gnuradio] Experimental version of build-gnradio up

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Experimental version of build-gnradio up
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 11:25:36 -0400

http://www.sbrac.org/files/build-gnuradio-test

Is a version of build-gnuradio that includes experimental support for RedHat RHEL 6 and Debian 6.* series.

If someone wants to test this on Debian 6, I'd love to get feedback. I don't have a Debian image here to test on, neither do I have
  a RHEL 6.  So I'm rather "brailing it".

This experimental version also includes the "-e" option that is used to add "extras" to the build, the syntax is:

    -e URL-to-repo

So it takes a URL of the form:

git://host/blah/blah/blah
http://host/blah/blah/blah.git

or:

http://host/blah/blah/svn/blah

The important thing to notice is that the existence of git: or blah.git triggers a GIT fetch, and the presence of the name component "svn" triggers an SVN fetch. This is patterned after the way CGRAN serves up packages.

And will fetch the resulting codebase via GIT or SVN and attempt to build it. It only supports GNu Radio "add-ons" that adhere to the CMake build environment--there are only a small number of these at the moment, but perhaps this will encourage conversion to
  CMake among the "add-ons".

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator