[Discuss-gnuradio] Can not receive all bytes with BPSK loopback scenario

From: 王伟华
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can not receive all bytes with BPSK loopback scenario
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 13:47:30 +0200

Hi everyone,
I want to realize a BPSK modulation by using GRC to transmit some bytes of information. Simulation result under a pure software environment performs good. However, when I move to hardware step with two USRPs connected with cable and 6dB attenuator(a simplex scenario), less than half of the transmitted bytes can be received. I think may be a synchronization problem occurs. Then I decide to do a loopback setting (flow graph is attached and please check it) with one USRP N210. This time, again, I cannot receive all the the transmitted strings. Detailed information are shown below:
Ubuntu 10.04, GNU Radio software version 3.5.2.1, 2 samples/symbol, sample rate 195.312K, both Gray coding and Differential encoding are turned on, excess bandwidth 0.35, realtime scheduling, transmitted strings 468Bytes, UHD gain 0dB, payload length 1(nothing received when payload length equals 0) and central frequency at 1GHz.
Rx bytes: 82; 78; 79; 68; 51; (All 5 times shows very bad results, so I adjust some parameters)
I turn off the Gray coding, keep the Differential encoding on; increase samples/symbol to 5(5 samples/symbol gives the best receiving result);
Rx bytes: 418; 421; 417; 405; 415; Still I cannot receive all transmitted bytes.I think synchronization is provided by packet encoder already. What could be the possible reasons? I also try the 'run to completion' option but nothing received. Why random results appear? I am sure the cable and Ethernet cable have no problem.
Thanks a lot!
Kind Regards!
Wei