[Discuss-gnuradio] make test failure at qa_constellation_receiver

From: Alick Zhao
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] make test failure at qa_constellation_receiver
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 14:51:54 +0800

Hi all,

Recently I have upgraded my gnuradio build to v3.5.3 on several
computers, and I find that on two machines with Ubuntu 11.10, make test
will fail the test qa_constellation_receiver while on the other two with
Fedora 16 all tests are passed.

To investigate the problem, I add one line in the file
`gr-digital/python/qa_constellation_receiver.py` which just print the
value of constellation, differential, and correct before the assert.
Then I run the script
`build/gr-digital/python/qa_constellation_receiver_test.sh`. The output
is recorded and attached below. Among them:

* test.t41.log is from a Thinkpad T41 with Ubuntu 11.10 32bit installed,
* test.t60.log is from a Thinkpad T60 with Ubuntu 11.10 32bit installed,
* test.f16.log is from a HP 6531s with Fedora 16 x86_64 installed.

Hope these logs are helpful to diagnose the problem.

PS: As a side note, my debugging line's output appears later than the
result, which is not the case for screen output. I think this is
probably related to stdout buffering.

PS2: I once changed the REQ_CORRECT to 0.7 on one Ubuntu machine,
and then made the test passed. I wonder if it is a valid fix.

alick