Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] digital_correlate_access_code_bb

From: Nick Foster
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] digital_correlate_access_code_bb
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 11:02:22 -0700

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 10:48 AM, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:
On 04/09/2012 01:38 PM, Tom Rondeau wrote:
On Sat, Apr 7, 2012 at 10:12 PM, Marcus D. Leech<address@hidden>  wrote:
Just looking at this function:

correlate_access_code_bb

In the method set_access_code, it takes a string.  Which should be ASCII '1'
and '0' characters to represent the binary sequence being
 correlated against.

Here's a little beauty of a code snippet:

 d_access_code = 0;
 for (unsigned i=0; i<  64; i++){
   d_access_code<<= 1;
   if (i<  len)
     d_access_code |= access_code[i]&  1;    // look at LSB only
 }

This relies on the fact that ASCII '1' and '0' happen to have low-order bits
of the right "flavour".  This is insanely dirty and gross and I can't
 believe we let this nonsense in the code base.

There's no reason not to do the right thing here.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator

Want to submit a patch?

Tom

Attached.

While you're patching correlate_access_code_bb, please patch correlate_access_code_tag_bb with the attached patch.

--n