Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building new blocks in Gnu Radio

From: Francisco
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Building new blocks in Gnu Radio
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 17:42:25 +0000 (UTC)

wrote:
> > Indeed i have read but i cant understand the building process. I built
> > it the i understood but it failed terribly, i have made .h .cc .i and
> > makefile.am. Put them in one folder and then done make. i also tried
> > ./configure and ./bootstrap but it doesnt work
> >
> > Anyways thanx for ur time and help me on this....
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ebtisam

Hi all,

I've decided to follow your suggestion and get gr_modtool.py.

First I created the module with this script which created some folders, files
and the .cc and .h files with skeleton code.

Then I put my code in the .cc and .h files. I also changed the .xml file so I
can use GRC (I haven't used python yet to create graphs).

After this, I used cmake. I wrote:
>cmake -i
>sudo make
>sudo make install
>sudo ldconfig

These were my steps to build a new block to use in GRC. However, I get this
error:

ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-
packages/mycoolstuff/_mycoolstuff_swig.so: undefined symbol:
_Z38mycoolstuff_make_decimated_average_vccifi

Yes. My module and block are called mycoolstuff and decimated_average_vcc.cc

It seems that there is a problem with the swig. Do I have to configure anything
in the .i files before starting to use cmake?

Regards,
Francisco