Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] B100 as clock master + B100 as clock slave

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] B100 as clock master + B100 as clock slave
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 10:56:38 -0700

On 03/23/2012 03:41 AM, Vincenzo Pellegrini wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> just a very quick question:
>
> is it possible to enslave the clock of a B100 to the clock of another B100
> via the "REF IN" input or in some other way?
> More precisely, is there a way to extract the clock signal from a B100 and
> feed it into another B100 to enslave the latter to the former?
>
> It would be great to be able to keep them in frequency and phase synch that
> way.

It just dawned on me, and this may be a good idea in general:

There is a clock sync pin (cgen_sync_b in the fpga top level).
Presumably, a shared PPS could trigger the clock sync signal across
multiple B100. This would synchronously reset the phase across all N
devices. It would require a little FPGA work.

-Josh