Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] spectrum sensing in gnuradio-companion

From: Jonathan Fox
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] spectrum sensing in gnuradio-companion
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 09:24:44 -0400

I am actually doing something similar for cognitive radio, the best way to go about it is to follow the tutorial online for how to write a signal processing block http://www.gnu.org/software/gnuradio/doc/howto-write-a-block.html (I do find a little vague on some parts); you can browse google for a more in depth guide from University of Notre Dame. Keep in mind the FFT is a vector output so you need adjust your sensing block to accept such a stream. If you understand the underlying concepts of spectrum sensing then you should be able to program it. For example, energy detection is based of the Chi-squared test at a certain threshold of energy. Plenty of white papers covering spectrum sensing.

-Jon