Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Segfault

From: Stefan Ott
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Segfault
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 16:31:33 +0100

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 14:55, Philip Balister <address@hidden> wrote:
> On 03/19/2012 07:28 AM, Stefan Ott wrote:

>>> From the ioctl number. Maybe work out which line of code is the issue
>>> and look at the source. That would be helpful for us anyway.
>>
>> e100_ctrl.cpp: e100_ctrl_impl -> poke32 -> ioctl
>>
>> I suppose that's the 32 bit write E100_REG_GLOBAL_RESET ioctl
>> (USRP_E_WRITE_CTL32)
>>
>> (also, sorry, I sent the last message from my phone and failed to CC the
>> list)
>
> And uhd_usrp_probe is ok, but one of the other test programs fails?

Oh, interesting. uhd_find_devices works fine but uhd_usrp_probe also
segfaults. I thought that used to run, I'll try again with different
uhd versions and report back.

> I'll try and reproduce this on a similar kernel next week.

I attached my kernel configuration file, just in case.

Also, I tried running linux 3.2 but so far the USRP_E driver failed to
compile thus the config is still for 3.1.

cheers
--
Stefan Ott
Communication and Distributed Systems