[Discuss-gnuradio] [discuss-gnuradio] The Gnu radio's stream mode

From: Pan, Luyuan
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] [discuss-gnuradio] The Gnu radio's stream mode
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 17:09:23 +0800

Hello everybody,
    Many people say the Gnuradio operates in stream mode with the flowgraph,
but I am not clear about the stream mode, for it is too abstract. Does anyone
have a better way to understand it or interpret it in plain words? And one
thesis says,'Gnu Radio is not designed to work in packet mode, rather the
scheduler is designed to operate on continuous data stream', so if I want to
get precise-time control of the data packet, what should I do? (What I recently
do is to switch the TX/RX using one antenna, I just make two top_blocks and
switch them, the problem is there is too much delay. If I want to send 5
seconds, I also need to wait to 1.5 sec to make sure it successfully sent all
the data)
    Can I so lucky to reference someone's information or get a hand from you?
    Thanks very much !