Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] git HEAD: Could not create output directory .../s

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] git HEAD: Could not create output directory .../swig/runtime_swig_doc_swig_docs/xml
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 13:43:44 -0400

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Timo Juhani Lindfors <address@hidden> wrote:
Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> writes:
> Have you just tried to go in and compile it by hand?

Yes. This failure seems to still occur sometimes but not very often.

> Do you have any directory permission issues? This can often happen by
> building as root, so new files/directories are owned by root.

I'm working as non-root. My home directory is on NFS, maybe this
triggers some issue when I build with "make -j6"?

That's possible. It's been a long time since I've done stuff like that over NFS, though, so I can't claim much expertise there. If it only happens on occasion, it possible that that's the problem.

Tom