Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem cross-compiling version 3.5.1

From: Stefan Ott
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem cross-compiling version 3.5.1
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 17:17:00 +0100

> Thanks a lot for all the advice so far. I am currently engaged in
> combat, trying to get cmake to cooperate with pkg-config and find my
> libraries (never used cmake before). I will report back when I get
> some results or reach another point where I need help.

Ha, got it mostly working, thanks a lot to everyone. However, I seem
to have another problem now: python fails to load
_gnuradio_core_runtime.so (see below). Since I cross-compiled python
myself, I'm not sure whether this is actually a problem with gnuradio
or rather an issue with my python installation though.

Basically, what I get is the following:

>>> from gnuradio import gr
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/lib/python2.7/gnuradio/gr/__init__.py", line 43, in <module>
    from gnuradio_core import *
  File "/lib/python2.7/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_core.py", line 23, in <module>
    from gnuradio_core_runtime import *
  File "/lib/python2.7/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_core_runtime.py", line 26,
in <module>
    _gnuradio_core_runtime = swig_import_helper()
  File "/lib/python2.7/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_core_runtime.py", line 22,
in swig_import_helper
    _mod = imp.load_module('_gnuradio_core_runtime', fp, pathname, description)
ImportError: File not found

(if I try again, I get a segfault)

The file is there, of course, so the error message seems to be
"wrong". If anyone has some input on this, that would be highly
appreciated.

cheers
--
Stefan Ott