Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Strange output of "0" at the terminal

From: Wu Ting
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Strange output of "0" at the terminal
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 19:49:21 +0900

Hi! Thank you for your response. I've kept working on this problem for two
days, but still cannot find a way to solve it.

I simplified the program and have determined that the 'O' is produced is
this while loop:

while msgCount<10000:
    msg = tb.queue.delete_head()
    payload = msg.to_string()
    f.write(payload)
    msgCount += 1

I also tried to make it sleep for a short time after each operation:

while msgCount<10000:
    msg = tb.queue.delete_head()
    sleep(0.00001)
    payload = msg.to_string()
    sleep(0.00001)
    f.write(payload)
    sleep(0.00001)
    msgCount += 1

It still has the problem. I'm using a USRP source with 4M smapling rate, and
connect it with message_sink.

self.source = uhd.usrp_source(device_addr="",
stream_args=uhd.stream_args('sc16', 'sc16', args="scalar=1024"))
self.source.set_samp_rate(4e6)
self.queue = gr.msg_queue()
self.sink = gr.message_sink(gr.sizeof_short*2, self.queue, False)
self.connect(self.source, self.sink)

This is really a serious problem for our application because we want to
continuously record some data. Does anyone has any idea how to deal with
this problem, or at least catch this error when it happens? Any suggestions
will be greatly appreciated.

Wu