[Discuss-gnuradio] UCLA ZigBee and the Capture Effect

From: bjoernm
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] UCLA ZigBee and the Capture Effect
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:42:59 +0100

Hi everyone,

First of all thanks a lot for any support!

I'm use the UCLA zigbee PHY (IEEE 802.15.4) on three nodes, of which one is a dedicated receiver and the other two nodes are transmitting simultaneously (No CSMA!).

I noticed that something like a capture effect is taking place, meaning that even though the signal is synchronized to a weaker signal (signal 1), the receiver appears to jump to the stronger signal (signal 2) as soon as it arrives at the receiver (if the second signal is significantly stronger then the first one).

I would like to influence this behavior, and hence am looking for the related parameters. I just can't find them! Does anyone have a clue where this is happening?

I am using the XCVR2450 Daughterboard together with the USRP1.

Any hints, suggestions or detailed help will be highly appreciated!

best regards and thanks a lot,