Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Source -and- Sink In Same GRC Flowgraph ?

From: Iain Young, G7III
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD Source -and- Sink In Same GRC Flowgraph ?
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 23:18:51 +0000

On 21/02/12 23:04, Marcus D. Leech wrote:

Sure can. Graph is as follows:

[Null Source] ---> [UHD SINK]
[UHD Source] ---> [Null Sink]

Results are as follows:

Options Block/Generate Options set to QT-GUI : Runs Fine
Options Block/Generate Options set to WX-GUI : SEGV
Options Block/Generate Options set to No-GUI : SEGV

Also added a "NOP" block in-between the sources and sinks,
same result.

Iain

OK, but were these sending/receive from the USRP1 simultaneously, in the
same flow-graph?

They was within the same GRC File, although not linked (IE separate
RX and TX chains)

The case I'm interested in is where there's only one of those at a time.

I just tried [UHD SOURCE] -> [MULTIPLY CONST] -> [UHD SINK], and that
worked with all three Options Block/Generate Options settings.
[UHD SOURCE] -> [MULTIPLY CONST] -> [WX WATERFALL SINK] has always
worked.

Just having one "chain", RX or TX has always worked for me, even with
the WX GUI sinks.

Hope that helps

Iain