[Discuss-gnuradio] Anyone have an opinion on what existing block is clos

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Anyone have an opinion on what existing block is closest to the attached so that I can start writing my own?
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 16:30:51 -0500

Attached is a C implementation of a block I wish was in Gnu Radio. Anyone done anything similar-enough as a block
  in Gnu Radio that would make a decent starting point?

It's basically a block that takes a fixed-size vector input, and a list of "descriptors" that describe output channels that need to be carved out of the input vector (a list of start:end which are simply offsets into the vector). It's intended to be used after a FFT+complex-to-MAG block to process the resulting vector and select sub-bands and turn them into power-estimate channels. I see nothing in Gnu Radio that does this, other than things like the FFT channelizer, PFB channelizer, etc. Neither of those is efficient in this case, because the channels are of non-uniform distribution and width, and if the target is simply power estimation, that part has already basically been done by the
  FFT+complex-to-MAG stage.

--
Marcus Leech
Principal Investigator