Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] "GNU Radio is crap" and GSoc

From: Paul Miller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] "GNU Radio is crap" and GSoc
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 14:53:36 -0500

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 09:59:45AM +0100, Martin Braun wrote:
> One way to remedy this might be GSoC. Developing a nice application,

I'm a little surprised by this discussion.  I think GNU Radio is
positively amazing for prototyping, testing, and academic
purposes.  I can't imagine making finished applications with it
though.  Is that really what it's supposed to be for?

Seems like distribution alone would be a problem.  You'd have to
get your python and boost libraries exactly right just to have a
chance.

Perhaps I'm crazy.

-Paul

--
If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
116 jumps, 48.6 minutes of freefall, 92.9 freefall miles.