Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Google Summer of Code '12 is On

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Google Summer of Code '12 is On
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 12:00:00 +0100

On Thu, Feb 09, 2012 at 06:08:00AM -0800, Philip Balister wrote:
> Thanks Martin!
>
> The GSoC FAQ references this idea list also:
>
> http://community.kde.org/GSoC/2011/Ideas
>
> Looks like we should ad some info about potential mentors and
> background/skill set needed to work on the idea.

I reorganized the wiki page in a similar fashion; it's now much more
obvious where there's lacking information. Most importantly, the
'mentor' position is empty in nearly all cases--perhaps some people are
willing to volunteer. If you're undecided, considere the GSoC FAQ on
what a mentor does--it's a bit like supervising a student during his or
her final study project.

Also, some of the ideas are not clear. If you've posted something, could
you please add some more info such that it is unambiguous what exactly
the student is expected to do?

> Also, how many students are interested in working on the GSoC with GNU
> Radio? What sort of things would you like to work on?

Guys, don't be shy :) There's money in it and it probably looks good on a
CV. Also, in some cases there *might* be the possibility to tie efforts
from GSoC into your studies. This is probably not the usual case, but it
doesn't hurt to ask.

MB

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)