Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd_mimo_sink

From: mleech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] uhd_mimo_sink
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 15:48:47 -0500

On Thu, 9 Feb 2012 21:24:46 +0100, Jorge Hernandez wrote:

Hi all,

I've just updated my system and found a problem when trying to use the uhd_mimo_sink: AtributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'mimo_sink'.
I don't know if it has to do with some mistake during the installation progress and this block is missing or it is something else. Referring to this I would like to know if someone who has already implemented a mimo system could tell me which sink/source blocks should be used.I have a MIMO cable and I guess the smartest is to use this uhd_mimo_sink and uhd_mimo source, but it may work too using two simple uhd_usrp_sink and configuring one of them as a slave as it is explained in the application notes, is it right? I would like to know if someone has experience on that and could me to use the best option. Thank you very much in advance! any advice would be great!

Jorge

Those blocks haven't been present in many releases.

Use the normal UHD source/sink blocks, and configure the clocking appropriately.  The source/sink blocks can have many, many, many streams, which each stream connected to different motherboard device addresses, etc.